What is shared Equity?
Buying through a shared equity scheme means you split the cost of purchasing your property with the Scottish government. For example, if your deposit and mortgage pay 90% of your property value then the Scottish government will hold a 10% share. This means when you sell you will receive 90% of the final sale price and the Scottish government will receive the remaining 10%. You still have full ownership rights and title to the property