Find out what your home is worth in 39 seconds

Click Here Now

What is the opening times for McEwan Fraser Legal?

Our head office is open until midnight during the week and 10 pm on weekends. We are open throughout the festive period too.

Do McEwan Fraser Legal use professional photographers?

Yes, we only use professional photographers to market your property in the very best way. Having professional photographs will really show off your property to its full potential, on websites as well as in your property schedules.

What is a Home Report?

This is a pack of documents that give potential buyers information about a property for sale. The report consists of three components: a single survey; an energy report; a property questionnaire.

Why do Estate Agents need a copy of my ID before you can market my property?

In 2004 the government extended the Anti-Money Laundering Legislation requiring estate agents to verify the identity of their clients. This formality is conducted with the minimum of inconvenience.

Do I conduct my own viewings of my property for sale?

Yes, we believe that the seller is normally the best person to conduct the viewing of your property as you know the property best. We would only book viewings that are mutually agreed with the seller and buyer. However, if you choose McEwan Fraser Legal, a viewing agent can conduct all viewings for you or days you are not available. The choice is yours!

Will I receive feedback following viewings?

Yes, frequent communication between the agent and client is essential. We are both looking to achieve the same goal and will review your property with you regularly. At McEwan Fraser Legal, we will constantly ask for feedback and you can view it from your personal tracking board.

What is conveyancing?

Conveyancing is everything that needs to happen to legally transfer your home to the buyer. You will need an experienced solicitor to make it all happen smoothly.

How long does it usually take to complete my sale?

Every property sale is different. Both your situation and the buyer’s situation need to be taken into consideration before this question can be answered accurately.

How do I get in touch with McEwan Fraser Legal?

You can either call us on 0131 524 9797 or email us on

What types of property do McEwan Fraser Legal have on offer?

We sell all types of residential houses and apartments, including brand new properties in association with builders and developers. We also sell a range of commercial properties ranging from Bed & Breakfasts to shops and offices.

What areas do McEwan Fraser Legal cover?

We sell properties throughout Scotland.

Do McEwan Fraser Legal offer properties suitable for first time buyers trying to get on the housing ladder?

Yes. We have a number of affordable properties on our website. We also work closely with mortgage brokers, potentially making it easier to obtain a mortgage.

When can I pick up the keys to my new home?

The keys for your new home will usually be held by the Estate Agent or Solicitor you are buying through and can be collected on the day of completion. However, you will have to wait for solicitors to confirm that the appropriate finances have completed at the bank before keys can be released to you.