McEwan Fraser Legal, an award-winning Solicitor and Estate Agency, is a dynamic, modern company. With an array of respected industry awards under our belt, we are highly innovative and known for our emphasis on providing exceptional customer service. We deal with residential and commercial property sales as well as having a robust legal department specialising in conveyancing, private client, family law and litigation.
Due to the demands of the business, we require professional, motivated Legal Assistants to join the Legal team in our Edinburgh Head Office. We are not your typical Solicitors & Estate Agents as we do everything in-house to ensure we have specialists to advise clients during every step of their journey. You will be joining a varied team of over 120 in-house experts who all share the same passion for client care.
Experienced administrators with a genuine interest in taking on the challenge of helping the department run as efficiently as possible will be considered although previous experience and knowledge of conveyancing work within the Scottish Legal system is desirable.
Main responsibilities will include:
- General and Legal administration
- Maintaining an updated filing system
- Creating and updating client files on case management systems
- File preparation and allocation of files to fee earners
- Money laundering and ID verification checks
- Customer Service
- Responding to telephone and email enquiries
- Liaising with clients and other solicitors with occasional face-to-face meetings
- Legal correspondence
- Producing formal documents including contracts, letters, faxes, email messages and all other relevant correspondence (i.e. LBTT forms, registration of deeds, redemptions statements, etc.)
- Training will be provided to those candidates who do not have a legal background