As the weather warms up, the property market often does too and there are a number of reasons as to why this is the case. Here are a few tips to help make your property stand out in the summer market. For sellers, this time of year is a great time to present your property in its ‘best light’. Not only can you draw attention to the internal features of your home but also to the external ones - the garden is a good place to start.
Front and back garden space
- Make sure your lawns are in good condition and regularly cut. Remember to trim any plants and hedges, especially those high ones which may form unwanted shade and shadows across the garden. You may even want to consider planting a few bright flowers to give your garden a more summery feel.
- If you have a patio, give the furniture a good clean and rearrange it so it is neat and tidy before viewings.
- Don’t forget to clear the front of your property as it’s the first thing buyers will see. In particular the driveway – make sure it’s well maintained with no clutter like rubbish bins, bicycles and toys.
- Summer, of course, provides an excellent opportunity to include excellent external features into your marketing materials such as brochures and online websites. Photographs of the garden or the breath-taking views from your property will be a great advantage when attracting buyers to the property. So get snapping, or even consider inviting your photographer back to update existing images.
- You may like to consider giving your fences and doors a fresh lick of paint.
- Buyers will also be more attracted to a property that has guttering that is clean and in good repair, it shows that your property is well maintained.
Not only is summer a good time of year for making the outside of your property look desirable, but whilst the additional light is streaming in there are also plenty of advantages internally.