- Label boxes on the top and the sides with which room they're due to go to, and a description of what's inside.
- Put screws and bolts from furniture in freezer bags and stick it to the relevant bit of furniture with masking tape.
- Flatten boxes and lay them down to protect your flooring.
- Move your furniture in first, otherwise you'll end up moving boxes around to make room.
- Make sure there are lightbulbs - you don't want to have to go to the shops mid-move. We suggest creating a box of ‘moving essentials’ – kettle, mugs, tea, coffee, milk, sugar; cleaning things: cloths, detergents, dustpan and brushes, vacuum cleaner and dustbin bags; loo paper, kitchen towels and tissues; torch, pliers and screwdrivers; pens and paper and post-it notes.
These 5 tips will make all the difference when it comes to making your move.