McEwan Fraser Legal, an award-winning Solicitor and Estate Agency, is a dynamic, modern company. With an array of respected industry awards under our belt, we are highly innovative and known for our emphasis on providing exceptional customer service. We deal with residential and commercial property sales as well as having a robust legal department specialising in conveyancing, private client, family law and litigation.
Due to the continued growth of our business, we are looking for a conscientious, ambitious candidate who will be responsible for running the busy reception area within our Edinburgh head office. You will act as the first point of contact for visitors and staff in-house as well as via telephone to assist colleagues and offer a seamless reception service. In respect of this important role, you will be confident, friendly, and have a mature demeanour suitable for this award-winning Company. This robust role involves more than being a friendly face as you will be expected to be a consummate professional, outstanding organiser and most importantly, a problem solver.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Exceptional customer service skills including an excellent telephone manner
- At least one years’ experience in a reception or customer service role
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Reliable and punctual nature
- Multi-tasking ability with excellent organisational skills
- Strong personal initiative and ability to prioritise own workload
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications
The successful candidate will predominantly deal with the following duties:
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Answering telephone calls and directing them to the appropriate member of staff
- Obtaining accurate information from clients and taking messages when required
- Maintaining catalogue of property keys and coordinating requests and returns
- Entering enquiries onto the company database to initiate appropriate departmental contact
- Collecting money-laundering documentation and complying with data protection
- Accurate preparation of documents for senior members of staff
- Opening and distributing mail for our legal department
- Maintaining the meeting room diaries
- General administrative assistance for the various departments within the company
You will take the initiative to learn about the company and the wider industry it operates within and become the first port of call for staff and clients alike. This role is ideal for you if you love to be part of a busy, diverse, and sometimes challenging environment. You will have the ability to make this role your own and take responsibility for providing an efficient reception service which is at the heart of any successful business.
Core hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm, however, a degree of flexibility may be required on occasion to suit the demands of the business.
Salary is negotiable dependent upon experience.
To apply, please submit the following information to HR Manager, Jenn MacGillivray at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed application form
- CV in Word or PDF format, or access to a shared OneDrive or Google Drive file
- Brief covering letter or email stating how your skills meet the requirements of the position