McEwan Fraser Legal, an award-winning Solicitor and Estate Agency, is a dynamic, modern company. With an array of respected industry awards under our belt, we are highly innovative and strive to provide exceptional customer service. We deal with residential and commercial property sales as well as having a robust legal department specialising in conveyancing with growth in private client, family law and litigation expected to continue.
Due to the continued growth of our business, we require a professional, enthusiastic Paralegal to join the Legal team in our Edinburgh Head Office. We are not your typical Solicitors & Estate Agents as we do everything in-house to ensure we have specialists to advise clients during every step of their journey. You will be joining a varied team of over 100 in-house experts who all share the same passion for client care but will have the benefit of working within a small, friendly team.
Previous experience and knowledge of conveyancing work within the Scottish Legal system is desirable, however, experienced Paralegals with a genuine interest in conveyancing will be considered.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Drafting and typing formal documents including contracts, letters, faxes, email messages and all other relevant correspondence (i.e. LBTT forms, registration of deeds, offers, etc.)
- Audio typing in an accurate and efficient manner
- Developing relationships with clients and communicating via telephone, email and occasionally face to face
- Secretarial support for senior members of the legal team
Duties will include the following:
- Prior legal administration or secretarial experience
- Quick and accurate typing skills with the ability to prepare documents with digital dictation
- Proficiency in all Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Methodical and organised approach with careful attention to detail
- Impeccable verbal and written communication and ability to effectively liaise with clients, colleagues and external legal professionals
- Track record of working to tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving team environment
- Strong initiative with natural problem-solving ability
- Experience in LawWare or other Case Management systems is desirable but not essential
Salary is negotiable depending upon the level of transferable experience.
Core working hours will be Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5.30pm, but flexibility may be available for the right candidate.
To apply, please submit the following information:
- Completed application form
- CV in Word or PDF format, or access to a shared OneDrive or Google Drive file
- Brief covering letter or email stating why your skills meet the requirements of the position
All the above information should be submitted to our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org