McEwan Fraser Legal, an award-winning Solicitor and Estate Agency, is a dynamic, modern company. With an array of respected industry awards under our belt, we are highly innovative and known for our emphasis on providing exceptional customer service. We deal with residential and commercial property sales as well as having a robust legal department specialising in conveyancing, private client, family law and litigation.
Due to the demands of the business, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic Legal Cashier to join us in our Edinburgh Head Office. Previous Cashroom experience is desirable and knowledge of Society of Law Accountants in Scotland (SOLAS) procedures is preferred, however, this experience is not essential. Above all, you will have a head for numbers and a good understanding of how a busy legal firm operates.
You will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Previous Cashroom experience
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) with some case management system experience
- Understanding of Anti Money Laundering rules and regulations
- Impeccable attention to detail
- An ambitious, positive approach to bring to the role
- Confidence in dealing with clients as well as colleagues
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous credit-control experience would be desirable but not essential
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Fees & Cash Accounts
- Bank Reconciliations
- Processing CHAPS, Faster Payments and Credit/Debit Card Payments
- Daily Monitoring of Client and Firm Bank Accounts
- Posting all transactions to Client Ledgers and Firm Nominal Accounts
- Dealing with Client Enquiries
- Monitoring of Client Ledger Balances
- Credit Control
- Paying all Client and Firm Invoices
- Management of Deposit Accounts
- Liaising with Bank, Suppliers, and Surveyors on various issues
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team of dedicated Legal Cashiers who help support all the transactions McEwan Fraser Legal undertakes. This role is ideally suited for someone who enjoys a challenge and thrives in a busy environment.
Our Legal and Cashroom departments typically operate from 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday, however, we would be willing to accommodate some flexibility with these hours for the right candidate.
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit the following information:
- Completed application form
- CV in Word or PDF format, or access to a shared OneDrive or Google Drive file
- Brief covering letter or email stating how your skills meet the requirements of the position
All the above information should be submitted to our Human Resources department at email@example.com