McEwan Fraser Legal, an award-winning Solicitor and Estate Agency, is a dynamic, modern company. With an array of respected industry awards under our belt, we are highly innovative and strive to provide exceptional customer service. We deal with residential and commercial property sales as well as having a robust legal department specialising in conveyancing with growth in private client, family law and litigation expected to continue.
Due to the continued growth of our business, we require a professional, enthusiastic Paralegal to join the Legal team in our Edinburgh Head Office. We are not your typical Solicitors & Estate Agents as we do everything in-house to ensure we have specialists to advise clients during every step of their journey. You will be joining a varied team of over 100 in-house experts who all share the same passion for client care but will have the benefit of working within a small, friendly team.
Previous experience and knowledge of conveyancing work within the Scottish Legal system is desirable, however, experienced Paralegals with a genuine interest in conveyancing will be considered.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Developing relationships with clients and having contact with them via telephone, email and face-to-face
- Responsibility for your own caseload (depending on ability and experience)
- Effective file management (including taking instructions, updating and amending files and ensuring settlements are monitored and prepared accordingly)
Duties will include the following:
- Previous experience within a Legal Executive or Paralegal role
- A paralegal certificate in commercial or residential conveyancing is desirable, however, it is not an essential requirement
- Impeccable verbal and written communication and ability to effectively liaise with clients, colleagues and external legal professionals
- Proficiency in all Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Methodical and organised approach with careful attention to detail
- Track record of working to tight deadlines and an ability to thrive in a fast-moving team environment
- Strong initiative with natural problem-solving ability
- Experience in LawWare or other Case Management systems is desirable but not essential
Salary is negotiable depending upon the level of transferable experience.
Core working hours will be Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5.30pm, but flexibility may be available for the right candidate.
To apply, please submit the following information:
- Completed application form
- CV in Word or PDF format, or access to a shared OneDrive or Google Drive file
- Brief covering letter or email stating why your skills meet the requirements of the position
All the above information should be submitted to HR Manager Jennifer MacGillivray at firstname.lastname@example.org