**LBTT PAID INCENTIVES AVAILABLE**
Surrounded by the rural scenery of Thorntonhall, you could be miles from anywhere. However, with the A727 and A726 just moments away, you’re perfectly placed for commuting to Glasgow in around twenty-five minutes via the M77 or heading off towards Ayrshire. And for a more scenic route, the A77 also connects with the city centre through Clarkston and Giffnock. The village station is only a few minutes’ walk, so you can easily hop on the hourly train to Glasgow, with an approximate journey time of twenty-five minutes, while Glasgow and East Kilbride are also linked by regular bus services on the A727
This striking, five/six bedroom detached, contemporary house, which was exceptionally constructed by Cala Homes (The Waverley) around 2012, redefines what modern living in Scotland is all about. In terms of location, layout, style and detail, ‘Balmoral House’ has unrivalled stature as the ex-showhouse and has a very distinctive character, offering sumptuous styling in one of the most exclusive addresses in the west of Scotland. Every corner exudes sophistication, inviting you to room after room for entertaining, playing or relaxing. All within an idyllic village setting offering rural surroundings and city convenience in equal measure. All around this stunning home, you will find creative architecture and an inspired layout over two levels, providing light filled, spacious luxury, which will suit a growing family, and is without doubt, one of the highest quality contemporary homes to be ever constructed in Scotland. It further benefits from a converted (triple) garage offering a cinema room on the lower level and a one bedroom apartment on the upper level.
Cala Homes used luxurious, high-quality fittings and finishes and the latest in high-tech features to create a house that is the last word in sophistication and refined taste. This home is of 21st Century design for people who appreciate what modern thinking can do to boost the quality of their life. Once inside this home, you will be able to reach out and touch quality and craftsmanship, no matter what room you are in.
The property is a beautiful, stylish and impressive detached residence, on a corner plot, within perfect landscaped gardens, set behind electric security gates. There are sun trap areas, which are suitable for garden entertaining, sun lounging and alfresco dining. A generous sized vestibule leads into a magnificent-sized, traditional hallway with a magnificent staircase crafted from solid oak to fully enhance this area, storage below, and oak veneered doors leading into the main and principal family accommodation. A generous-sized lounge, with feature fireplace, offers French doors giving access to the gardens. There is a formal dining room, offering ample entertaining space and has been designed with an accent on modern family living. Access from the hallway can be gained into the spacious living area, with French doors to gardens, which is cleverly linked to a stunning family sized kitchen/diner/family area, which is an obvious design highlight. This level also benefits from a separate utility/laundry room (off kitchen) and guest cloak room/WC (off the hallway). A study to the front aspect completes the ground floor accommodation.
The first floor offers thoughtfully planned accommodation with a stunning galleried landing and relaxation space. A real feature is the balcony, to the front aspect, offering views of the immediate area. The master bedroom is the last word in luxury with a dedicated dressing area, fitted wardrobes and a luxurious en-suite bathroom. There are four, further well-proportioned bedrooms, two with fully fitted en-suite shower rooms. Bedrooms 4 and 5 have sole usage of the contemporary family bathroom.
The detached triple garage has been converted by the current owners. The cinema room is located on the lower level and is decorated in contemporary tones, perfect for emphasising the sheer electric atmosphere of having your own home cinema. This is the perfect spot to chill out on a wet Sunday afternoon and to settle down with the latest movie or sporting fixture and is bound to be a popular spot with all members of the family. The upper level consists of an independent, one bedroom apartment that is divided into recreation space, bedroom and en-suite shower-room. This is the perfect zone for a teenager or elderly relative requiring a level of independence.
KITCHEN & UTILITY ROOM
The stylish kitchen by Alno was individually designed to maximise both workspace and storage. High quality built-in Siemens appliances have been fitted as detailed below.
• Stainless steel island extractor hood
• Stainless steel 5 burner gas hob
• Twin integrated fridge/freezer
• Integrated dishwasher
• Stainless steel single electronic multi-function oven
• Stainless steel compact steam oven
• Twin stainless steel warming drawers
• Stainless steel compact combination microwave oven
• Stainless steel compact coffee maker * Hansgrohe single mixer tap in kitchen
• Entertainment sink * Subtle mood lighting * Breakfasting bar
BATHROOMS & EN-SUITES
• White sanitary ware from the Laufen range, in white and complemented with Hansgrohe taps and fittings
• Silver-finished shower enclosures, with white shower trays
• Walk-in shower in main bathroom and en-suites * Laufen twin wash hand basins in the master en-suite
• Laufen free-standing white bath (1800 x 900) in main bathroom and master en-suite • Hansgrohe shower valves and heads
• Thermostatic combined bath filler and handheld spray set
• Chrome towel warmers fitted in bathroom and master en-suite • Soft closing toilet seats
• Internal doors are oak veneered, with contemporary lever style handles
• Oak skirtings and facings
• A crafted timber stair with solid oak handrail and balustrades
• All internal floor to ceiling heights to the ground floor are approximately 2.6m - enhancing the feeling of space
• Stylish bi-fold wardrobe doors, with shelves and hanging rail
• CAT6 (Cabling only) fitted within key rooms
• Sunken speakers in key rooms incorporating Sonos system
• Ample power, TV and telephone points throughout
• Low energy external bulkhead light fitting/s provided at rear and French door exits
• Switchable sensor wall lantern to front door
• Wall lantern outside garage
• Doorbell and chimes at front door entrance
• Shaver socket in bathroom and each en suite
• Multi-grid switching of kitchen appliances sited on wall above/behind worktop
SECURITY & SAFETY
• Alarm system
• Mains-wired smoke detectors in ground and upper hallways
PLUMBING & HEATING
Direct main pressure cold water is supplied to all cold water outlets and direct mains pressure hot water will be provided via a heat exchange cylinder to all hot water outlets
• Central heating via a high efficiency gas boiler and radiator system
• Two-zone system with programmable controls for ground and upper floors
• Individual thermostatic control valves on radiators (except those with programmable thermostat)
• Professionally landscaped (Ex-Showhouse)
• Timber decking area at French doors
• Monoblock driveway
• uPVC double-glazed windows
• uPVC fascias and bargeboards
• Outside cold water tap
• A combination of feature walling and metal railings to the front garden complete with electrically operated metal gates with keypad access for vehicular access and a separate manually operated pedestrian gate.
• A Factors Fee (Approx. £27 PCM) is payable by all residents within this development
The NHBC guarantee does not expire until 2nd August 2022.
• Thorntonhall Train Station – 0.2 miles •
• Mearns Castle Golf Academy – 2.2 miles
• Cathkin Braes Country Park – 2.7 miles
• Cathkin Braes Mountain Bike Trails – 2.7 miles
• East Renfrewshire Golf Club – 6.9 miles • M77 – 7 miles
• Silverburn – 11.7 miles
• Buchanan Galleries – 9 miles
• East Kilbride Shopping Centre – 3.4 miles
• Hampden Park – 4.4 miles
• Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum – 9.2 miles
• Pollok Golf Club – 6.3 miles
• Whitecraigs Golf Club – 4.3 miles
NB: Distances are approximate and sourced from Google Maps.
BY RAIL (FROM THORNTONHALL STATION)
• Glasgow Central – 25 minutes
**LBTT incentive subject to conditions, contact McEwan Fraser Legal for more information on 0131 524 9797**
The description of properties on the website do not form part of any offer and all statements and photographs are for illustrative purposes only and not guaranteed. Buyers must satisfy themselves on the accuracy and authenticity of each property listed.
Location of Property
By appointment through McEwan Fraser Legal on 0131 524 9797.
McEwan Fraser Legal are open 7 days a week: 8am - Midnight Monday to Friday & 9am - 10pm Saturday & Sunday to book your viewing appointment.
Part Exchange your property for a home on our site
If you are interested in a property we have available for sale and have your own property to sell, we can refer you to Haddington Estates (who operate independently of McEwan Fraser Legal). They can offer you a guaranteed cash offer for your own property through this unique Part Exchange option which may allow you to sell your property quickly and easily without any Estate Agency fees or advertising costs. This allows you to make an offer for any property on our site safe in the knowledge that your existing house has a firm legal offer.
Mortgage funding may be available through an authorised mortgage broker
McEwan Fraser Legal are working closely with authorised mortgage brokers in order for our clients to obtain mortgage funding (see terms and conditions, which normally apply, below)
- Aged 18+
- You are in permanent employment
- Self Employed usually need to have 2 years accounts available
- Permanent right to reside in the UK
- You have no adverse credit that would affect your ability to repay funding
Should you wish to obtain further information please complete the enquiry form