Are you starting to feel the winter blues about selling your property? Whilst spring and summer are commonly busy periods in the property market, they are not always the best time to sell. The majority of people think that Christmas is a bad, or the worst, time to sell and would rather wait until the New Year when in reality, this is not always a good option.
Here are three reasons why marketing your property over Christmas is a good idea:
- There tends to be less competition as only a few new properties come on the market and many properties have been taken off the market until January, meaning your house is more visible to buyers.
- The people looking at properties during this period are more motivated and serious about buying. For example they may need to find a new house by January. If so, they will have a sense of urgency.
- Not only buyers are in a jolly mood, they are less distracted by work commitments at this time of year as they will have more time searching for the right property.
So if you are thinking of selling your property during the Christmas period, we have four top tips to help maximise the number of people viewing your property:
- Give your home a quick DIY makeover – Small DIY jobs that you have been put off all year can make a difference to the property. For example; giving your walls a fresh coat of paint can dramatically improve the brightness and appearance of your property.
- The garden is just as important in winter– A lot of sellers forget about the garden when it comes to this time of year. Ensure the grass is cut and free of leaves and debris.
- Always clean and de-clutter – Make sure the property is clean and tidy as this will make the place appear more inviting. Furthermore, if there are less personal items it will be easier for potential buyers to envisage their own items in the property, which is always a positive outcome.
- Home sweet smelling home – First impressions count for everything. Often people roast coffee, or home baking to create a warm baking smell, but simple things like candles or air fresheners can make all the difference to first impressions, and don’t cost a lot of money!
How can McEwan Fraser Legal make this work for you?
If you know you want to sell your property this winter, McEwan Fraser Legal is here for you… we are open everyday throughout the festive season, making sure no enquiries are missed. If you would like to discuss things further, please feel free to visit our website or contact us on 0131 524 9797.