Here are some of our favourite ideas for creative headboards you can make yourself. Recycled or throw away pieces can become lovely headboards for a fraction of the price of one in the shops.
- By using tongue and groove wood from old floorboards or wall coverings, you could create a dramatic effect by continuing the pattern above the bed, on the ceiling.
- Using old book covers is a cheap and cheerful alternative and ideal for bookworms.
- Putting a shelve above the bed gives you the opportunity to display all your favourite items and is an ideal space saving solution
- A pair of old shutters placed behind the bed, give a lovely peaceful feel to the room
- A selection of old oars can give your room a rustic feel and ideal if you live closer to the water for that beach feel.
- By hanging some 3D art just above your bed, it creates a lovely artwork and headboard to frame your bed.
- An old fence or gate with flaking paint makes a great shabby chic headboard
- By cutting a piece of MDF to the shape you like and then painting it with Blackboard paint, you can create a great headboard and also a handy noticeboard above your bed