It’s getting more and more popular to use ‘feng shui’ to cleanse your new home and banish negativity. Feng shui is thought to bring in good and positive energy ensuring a good, happy and healthy start in your new home.
With Chinese New Year kicking off on 8th February, what a good time to bring some good fortune and apply some simple feng shui to your home.
To help you get started, we found some basic tip’s you might like to try this weekend:
- Clear the entrance to your home – let the energy flow right into your home and life by ridding your home’s entry of obstacles.
- Never place your bed directly across from the door – this placement puts you in a sleeping position where your feet point toward the door. This is known as the coffin position and is the worst possible position, according to feng shui experts, as it’s considered the position of death and is very unlucky. Ideally place your bed diagonally across from the door.
- Mirrors are significant in feng shui – a nice, big mirror reflecting the dining table is said to double the abundance and bring good fortune.
- Boost your career with a bigger, clearer desk- small and cluttered doesn’t help with stress levels. Also note, work and sleep don’t mix, so don’t place a desk in your bedroom.
- Place an energetic fountain near your front door – the flowing energy of the water symbolizes cash coming your way.
Now, do you feel that positivity flowing through your property?
Share your tips on feng shui with us…